Friday 16 May 2014

UKCustomPlugs 'Fake Plugs Grab Bag' Review

Phew, I've finally got time to write this review...I've been looking forward to doing it since I got them!!

The products I am reviewing are UkCustomPlugs Fake Plugs. I got their grab bag of 6 random designs because I didn't really know which ones I wanted!

They arrived about 3 days after I ordered them which was great!
First i'll show you the package they came in...




They came in a bubble wrap lined envelope which has their logo on the front. I think this is a really nice touch and makes them look dead professional!

 

I got more than I expected inside the package...


As well as my fake plugs I got a few postcard flyers and some stickers!
I love getting extra stuff like this, even postcards, so I got pretty excited over how much stuff was in here!!
The stickers are very high quality too.



SO! On to the fake plugs!!
These were in their own little bag inside another bubble wrap bag. I love this, it shows how much UKCustomPlugs care about their products and customers.
They even have a custom bag....



I was really happy with the 6 designs I got, as as promised they were all different!

They were smaller than I expected, but thats nothing to do with the company, I just didn't read the specifications on the website....they're meant to give the illusion of 8mm plugs. Anything bigger would look out of place in an unstretched ear, so these are the perfect size!


(Please excuse my horrible nails!!)


I'm very impressed with how clear the designs are despite them being so small. The rubber ring around the edge is a nice touch too, it makes them look more realistic!

I only had one issue with the fake plugs....and its that I can't actually get them in my ears.
As you can see in the photos, they have a screw end rather than a pointy end like most earrings. 
This might not be a problem for most people, but I don't wear my earrings as often as i'd like to because of my job so I think my piercings might be smaller, but here's a size comparison between my usual earrings and these....

The bar is thicker, much more like my septum rings rather than my earrings.
Like I said, this might not be a problem that most people encounter, but just be warned if you have annoying ears like mine that like to close up after 2 seconds then maybe these won't fit you!

Luckily I have some tiny tapers that I've used in the past to try and stretch my piercings so that I don't encounter this problem as often (I've always had problems with my ears even though I kept them in for 6 weeks and all that jazz) So I'm hoping I can wear those for a bit to get these to work!

Overall I think these fake plugs are awesome, the designs and quality are great!I just wish I could wear them.

UPDATE: After persevering I got them in my ears!
They look super cute and I love them!
I can't wait till I can actually stretch my ears for real.

Like I said, these probably won't be a problem for most people, I just can't wear earrings as much as I'd like to because of my job, so my piercings shrink quite often!




Please check out UK custom plugs by clicking HERE, their website is fab and they sell clothes and accessories like phone cases and badges, as well as their huge variety of amazing plug designs!
Thanks for reading!












1 comment:

  1. Nice post. Well what can I say is that these is an interesting and very informative topic on bubble wrap bag

    ReplyDelete