Monday 3 November 2014

The attempt to save my hair part 2

1 ------> Here 
1.5 ------> Here
How I ruined my hair in the first place

SO
Today I tried shoving some avocado and bananas into my hair, and added some coconut oil for good measure. I'll be missing that out next time I try this because in this case I really think its more of a hinder than a help.
I used;

x2 bananas
1/2 an avocado
some coconut oil melted in the microwave (its solid at room temperature)

I cut all the fruity stuff up and blended it, poured the coconut oil into it, gave it a stir and then massaged it into my hair, which wasn't too bad except I got it all over my bathroom.

I left it on for abouttttt 30 minutes, its only recommended to leave it for 15 but I got distracted by youtube.

When I washed it out it felt gross again like with the mayo/egg fun the other day
It felt so so dry even in the shower, and I had to put a load of my coconut conditioner in to make it feel softer
BUT
Lo and behold, as before, once it started to dry it felt better, and this time it actually feels sort of soft? ish??
It did strip a lot of my hair colour out though (brown, pink and purple over bleach blonde) which isn't too fab as I've run out of pink and only just discovered the pink/purple combo.
But I do have purple and blue left.
ANYWAY
So far so good!
I'm going to try the whole banana/avocado thing again in a couple of days without the coconut oil (I always WAY overdo it) and see how that turns out.
I have high hopes!!

Also;
I tried the Bleach London hair mask a bit the other day and from what i've seen its really great, and smells amazing, but i'll go more into that once i've used it a few more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment